It’s long been known that the social connections students make, especially in their first year, are critical to increasing retention rates. Social media is providing colleges and universities the opportunity to reach students to better understand their needs and enhance their educational experience.
7 Approaches to Social Media Engagement for Higher Education:
1. Give a Glimpse of Campus Life;
2. Spread the Good News;
3. Ask and Answer Questions;
4. Tell Stories about Student Success;
5. Reward Advocacy;
6. Foster Student-to-Student or Faculty-to-Faculty Discussion;
7. Help Students Make Connections.